The Video Crates

Hiphop video's from the old to the new, from coast to coast, from bootyfilled to the conscious... If a link is down, just drop a comment and emailadres, and I will upload the file again. The only thing I ask in return is to leave a comment, telling me what you think of the video.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ghostface ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That

Toney Starks aka Iron Man aka Ghostface Killah aka one of the freshest cats in this hiphop game. Well, that's my opinion ofcourse.
Although his albums never sold millions, every album was up to date, diverse and full of energy. I don't understand why people are sleeping on his stuff.
His new album will be released on March 14th. With a list of dope producers that will raise eyebrows (MF Doom, J Dilla, Pete Rock and Madlib), Ghostface seems to have done his homework on which producers are hot right now so he nows what the streets want to hear.

"You know, niggas try to come on that other shit," he says of hip hop's growing ranks of imposters, "So I just had come back to raw drugs, sex, money, and murder shit real quick to show these young niggas how it's s'possed to be done."

"Fish Scale is just me showing that I can still ball with the best of them," he says. "With each album I learn so this album has the most knowledge of all of them. This album is gonna put me back on top of everyone's list," he says. "Ain't nobody approaching they music with the care that I do--down to the sequencing." (Def Jam)

I say, bring it on Ironman!!! The new single is out. A nice soul track featuring the r&b crooner Ne-Yo. I think it's a fresh cut in which Ghost makes clear that his pimpstatus has it's ups and downs, but that the pimp in him can resolve every hoodrat-problem. Check it out.

Ghostface ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That

PS: If you like the sample, check out Tightman - They Wanna Know (produced by 9th Wonder)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    safe on this vid yo

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Tired & Broke said…

    man that 'tight man' track is horrible, that dude rappin' is from my hometown and he's a horrible representation of where I'm from... but that 9th wonder beat is insane....

    peace

    T&B

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home