The Video Crates

Hiphop video's from the old to the new, from coast to coast, from bootyfilled to the conscious... If a link is down, just drop a comment and emailadres, and I will upload the file again. The only thing I ask in return is to leave a comment, telling me what you think of the video.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Da Bush Babees - Remember We

MCs Babe-Face Kaos, Y-Tee, and Mister Man grew up in the West Indies (Y-Tee in Jamaica, Mister Man and Kaos in Trinidad), so reggae was a strong inspiration to their early years; hip-hop also figures in, however. All transplanted New Yorkers, they formed in 1992 when Mister Man saw Kaos perform. The two began collaborating, and after Mister Man suggested adding a reggae toaster, Y-Tee joined da Bush Babees. When their concert dates sparked major-label interest, the trio performed a few live office auditions and signed with Reprise, within three months of launching the band. Their debut, Ambushed (1994), featured production from Jermaine Dupri, Nikke Nikole, J. Prins Matteus, Mark Batson, Salaam Gibbs, and the group itself. Other releases included 1995's Remember We and 1996's Gravity.

Although their Gravity album is a favorite, the Remember We track sticks in my mind like non other track made by Da Bush Babees. I remember seeing the video the first time on Rap City. I was forced to nod my head and I was thinking: Oooow, this is too smooth. I need this one to listen to on my way to school!!! I lived on an island named Bonaire (Dutch Antilles next to Aruba) with no music stores and no hiphopradio. So the next day I taped it right from the TV on a cassette and I listened to it daily for months, bad quality and all. Don't get me wrong; The Love Song with Mos Def was unforgettable, but I prefer to take you back to the beginning.

Da Bush Babees - Remember We

4 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Jard said…

    Nice song right there, never heard it tho.

    I have both Ambushed(1994) and Gravity(1996), but I've never heard anything else coming out from da bush babees.

    Did they re-release Ambushed or what?

    Anyways, keep up the good word, I'm lovin every bit of it.
    Doe je goed man.

    Peace

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous mordecai said…

    good one. would like to see more Bush Babees especially Love Song.

    keep the updates rolllllin'!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man you mean you lived beside we? i from aruba and im glad to hear that you from bonaire,..so :con bai? you must have heard that,..hha anyways I asked before on this side if you have award tour - a tribe called quest ,..anyways take care nice site!!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    trankilo, jave ;)
    ma nace na aruba, pero ma biba na boneiru tambe. awo mi ta na hulanda.
    but anyway. i'm gonna rip that tribe - award tour. i hope to have it this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home