The Video Crates

Hiphop video's from the old to the new, from coast to coast, from bootyfilled to the conscious... If a link is down, just drop a comment and emailadres, and I will upload the file again. The only thing I ask in return is to leave a comment, telling me what you think of the video.

Monday, December 05, 2005

KMD - Peachfuzz

An early classic track from Elektra's golden period in 1989-90 when crews like Brand Nubian, Leaders Of The New School and KMD aka Zev Luv X, Subroc and Onyx The Birthstone Kid hit the scene under the guardianship of Dante Ross. KMD were all about original wordplay, genius funky beats with oddball lo-fi jazz signatures // utterly joyful music with a serious 'know yourself' Native Tongue twist.

Witness the birth of the MF Doom sound right here on this track, Doom is Zev you see. The 'Peachfuzz' 12" has been top of most homeboys wants list for ages so the bootleggers had to step in and do the job. Now the glory of KMD can be enjoyed by one and all. A positive Kause in a Much Damaged society and a mega-dope-classic. Bus' it.

KMD - Peachfuzz (66mb)

11 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger kore321 (Mike) said…

    Hi Kenny,

    Thanks for this video, I was going to rip it from my own collection. Now I don't have to. :)

    Keep the videos coming. There is one video that I am looking for, Twin Hype - Do It To The Crowd. I had this and many other videos on a VHS tape I had lent my friend 15 years ago and never got it back. I learned my lesson, never lend out anthing to your friends, you know you'll never get the stuff back. This happened to me alot with my 12s. :(

    Thanks again,
    Mike

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Droop said…

    mad dope site!!!!!!!much respect!!!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    don't know the Twin Hype vid. i asked around but nobody has it.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger boog-a-licious said…

    After the single "Peachfuzz" came out, I thought that KMD were the next to blow (after Tribe, De La, Jungle Bros, etc.). After the accident, music became secondary, and rightfully so. Their first Lp was memorable and the bootleg was as well. And we all know now about Doom and his success these days. Good lookin'

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    super site
    les videos demontent et en plus elles proviennent d'artistes rares (trop) et de qualité
    Good job!!!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger kore321 (Mike) said…

    "Kenny said...
    don't know the Twin Hype vid. i asked around but nobody has it."

    Thanks for looking around. I seen it on ebay auctions in dvd comps. But sometimes they go tooo high for my taste. ;)

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous pryght one said…

    cool... i didn´t know that kmd did a video to that track... thanx a lot dude...

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger skep said…

    peace. props on all these videos for real. the peach fuzz link has expired, so can u hit me up with it at: wiseborn@aol.com appreciate it indeed. peace

    skep

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    i hope you got my mail, skep!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Anonymous nitepeople said…

    i never seen this vid either thanks, my girl thinks doom should have ditched the mask she says he was handsome

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THIS ONE KICKS.WE GOT HERE IN FRANCE BUT BAD QUALITY ;YOURS IS DOPE;
    KEEP MOVIN THIS GIGAWEBSITES ;

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home