The Video Crates

Hiphop video's from the old to the new, from coast to coast, from bootyfilled to the conscious... If a link is down, just drop a comment and emailadres, and I will upload the file again. The only thing I ask in return is to leave a comment, telling me what you think of the video.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Going out with a BANG!!!

Has it been a year already? Cutdamn, how time flies. But it has been a wonderful year. A lot of good things has happend. Common came back strong after a dissapointing Electric Circus. Not Snoop but The Game put the westcoast on the map again like it was nothing. The Dirty South claimed their spot with acts like Ying Yang Twins, David Banner, Slim Thug and Mike Jones. Damian Marley ruled the dancehall scene with Welcome To Jamrock. AZ and DJ Premier brought you The Come Up which gave me the feeling I was back in '95. Who would ever think Jay & Nas would perform together. When I saw the footage, it was the best feeling hiphop gave me in years. Legendary comedian Richard Prior died at the age of 67. The Lox got their publishing rights back from Diddy after a dramatic radiowar on Hot97. Cam'Ron got shot after not wanting to hand over the carkeys. Fugees are getting ready for a comeback (I think it will never happen). Foxy Brown went deaf. Rumors were Eric B. was killed in New Jersey. Eric B. contacted Allhiphop.com saying:
"The only way I am going to go is by having a heart attack while I am out with my grand kids. I want to thank everyone for their concern. You never really know how you have impacted people until some sort of crisis. My daughter and I are making a list of people to call back, there's been that many people that have called. I am alive and well. The only person I am dead to is Jay-Z, he never returns my phone calls."
And last but not least, Kenny started The Video Crates!

It's been a fun year in musicland. For the last few years Mad Skillz has recorded a so called 'Rap Up'. Check out the one for 2005 here.

As for The Video Crates 2006, it will continue as usual. I've had my share of startproblems with free uploadsites, but you never know with free services. I hope to get two more contributors so we can offer you even more. The only thing I wish for in 2006 is that more people are going to comment :P

So people. I want to wish you a happy new year. I wish you all the best for 2006. It's going to be a good year. Mark my words. Before I go, I'm going to leave you with a few personal favorites. I don't have that much time to write now(and for the first couple of days), so the information is all copy/paste work.

Lord Finesse - Hip 2 Da Game

With his third album, Lord Finesse representing D.I.T.C. (Diggin' in the Crates crew) brought together some of the finest rappers of the moment for an album almost entirely produced by Finesse himself. Known as a producer first and rapper a close second, Finesse is gifted in metaphorical rhyming like other well-known MCs such as Big L or Chino XL, and again produces a great record deserving of any rap fan's archive. Guests like Akinyele, KRS-One, MC Lyte, O.C., AG, Diamond D., and Kid Capri make up the all-star cast. Topping it all off are verses by Large Professor, Grand Puba, and Sadat X on arguably one of hip-hop's finest tracks ever, entitled "Actual Facts." With so much going for it, if you like you rap music there's really no reason you shouldn't own this album. As a side note for DJs out there, there is apparently a limited-edition instrumental version of this released on vinyl, so look for that floating around somewhere.

Da King & I - Krak Da Weasel

This jazz and dancehall-influenced Brooklyn duo consisting of Izzy, the MC, and Majesty, the DJ made some rumblings in 1993 with their one and only LP, Contemporary Jeep Music, primarily on the strength of two singles, "Flip Da Script" and "Tears." Conceived and produced by Atlanta hip-hop mogul, Dallas Austin, the duo's sound is jazzy East Coast hip-hop with a slight southern twang. Although slightly reminiscent of Pete Rock & CL Smooth, their sound is relatively distinct. Izzy's voice and lyrical ability are quite superb and the album still sounds smooth and fairly fresh today. Unfortunately, the duo was unable to carve out their own niche in the early '90s between the hardcore pillars of Onyx and Naughty By Nature, and nary a peep has been heard from them since.

The Roots - Proceed 2 ft Roy Ayers

I don't know what it is with this track, but I had 11 requests for this vid. I never heard or saw the track before. After endless searching, I found it and to be honost: Tracks like these make me wanna go back and enjoy the movement even more. So Lovely.

See you in 2006!

Peace

Kenny

6 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger boog-a-licious said…

    Yeah,

    I wish people would comment more too. Sheesh, I like to know what people are thinking just like you!

    I'm surprised that you had not heard the Proceed II track. Proceed III Remix w/ Bahamadia is the illest! Peep that out.

    I'm glad that makes you enjoy the movement even more. Trust me, there's more like that and that's the exact reason on how the movement keeps going.

    Happy New Yeaher!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah the proceed joint with bahamadia is bonkers. its the best of the proceed joints in my opinion. Thank you, you real hiphopers keep doing what you do best, repping that real

    its gonna be a good year so keep rising, keep moving, keep rising dont stop

    !!! blessings

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the realness this page serves. bang!!! lets do this!!!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i need your daily dose to keep me healthy, wealthy and wise. dont stop bringing quality!

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Bobo said…

    Best hip hop vid site ever!!! Big ups manQ

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Roots video is dope as hell!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home