The Video Crates

Hiphop video's from the old to the new, from coast to coast, from bootyfilled to the conscious... If a link is down, just drop a comment and emailadres, and I will upload the file again. The only thing I ask in return is to leave a comment, telling me what you think of the video.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ed O.G. & Da Bulldogs - Love Comes And Goes

I had heard of Ed O.G., saw a few videoclips on Yo MTV Raps, a few flashbacks at Rap City, but I never gave it that much attention. When about two years ago, my man Ol'EightyFive (check Vinyl Addicts) kept buggin' me about how Ed O.G. had some dope ass tracks and that his flow was hardhittin'. Okay..... so I head to Fat Beats in Amsterdam and bought the Wishful Thinking album. Went home, rolled up a blunt, looked at the tracklisting and I saw 'Be Thankful' and played that track first and heard these hardhittin' lines on a dope ass beat, just like my man said. Edo starts off: Edo's a one man team, I never huddle with coach/I'm on some raw shit, y'all take the subtle approach/ I break up the mic when I wake up at night/ If I'm beefin' in my sleep, I wake up and fight...

Man, I was sold. Saw the man perform in Amsterdam and Haarlem with Masta Ace which made the fever even worse. So now I'm checking his older albums and the videoclip I put up for download comes from Roxbury 02119. 'Love Comes And Goes' tells the story about friends that passed away, and the story about his father getting killed by his best friend over 5 dollars. With the perfect blend of emotion and nice samples (Arthur Conley - 'Love Comes And Goes' & George Benson 'Face It Boy, It's Over') it makes it a beautiful song.

So sit back and relax...

Ed O.G. & Da Bulldogs - Love Comes And Goes (66mb)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Joey said…

    This was my fucking JOINT back in grade school. Fuck yeah! Nice pick.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger OL-EightyFive said…

    Word 'em up Kay! Nice video right here. That's an awesome album if you ask me.

    The track was actually made for is pops who got mugged and killed on the streets in Roxbury.

    Much props!!!

    Peace,

    Ol' Eighty5ive.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Stoor said…

    Yeeeeeeaah boooyyyy

    good going Kenny, keep up the good work...

    will be back tomorrow :D

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Mustafa Goodprose said…

    Nice shit here, good looks on this video too.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice web site son!! great idea, I hope you keep it goin! You can tell this video is from back in the day, Mtv left the word "Nigga" in it!!! - just made me laugh since they edit the living shit out of everything now...

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Bobo said…

    This is a real hot song. Don't ever sleep on EdO. Special Teamz LP coming soon. Special Teamz is Ed OG, Jaysaun, and Slaine. Could someone upload this again please??

    www.SaveHipHop.org

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    its up again bobo

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home